Patron Code of Conduct
For the comfort and safety of patrons, volunteers and staff, and for the protection of library property, patrons may not engage in any activity that violates Federal, State, or local law, or Library policy.
- Any behavior that is disruptive to library use will not be tolerated.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn in the Library at all times.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the loss, theft, or disappearance of personal property.
- Covered non-alcoholic beverages are permitted in the Library.
- Consumption of food in the Library is not allowed. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Service animals are permitted in the Library. All other animals are prohibited, unless the animal is part of a Library-sponsored program.
- Children in the Library must be properly supervised. (See Unattended-Child Policy.)
- Cell phones must be silenced in the Library.
- Smoking and tobacco products are prohibited in the Library and on Library grounds at all times. There are no exceptions. (See Smoke and Tobacco Free Policy.)
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the Library and on Library grounds. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Persons may not sleep in the Library, except for young children sleeping under the supervision of a parent or other caregiver.
- Skateboarding, rollerblading, and bicycling are not permitted on Library property.
- Solicitation of the public or staff on Library premises is not permitted, except as arranged in advance by the Library Director.
Approved by the Patten Free Library Board of Trustees 4/10/2018