Patron Code of Conduct
For the comfort and safety of patrons, volunteers and staff, and for the protection of library premises (Library building and access thereto) patrons may not engage in any activity that violates Federal, State, or local law, or Library policy. Any noncompliance with any element of this Policy will warrant removal from the Library.
- Any behavior that is disruptive to library use will not be tolerated.
- Tops, bottoms, and shoes must be worn in the Library at all times.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the loss, theft, or disappearance of personal property.
- Covered non-alcoholic beverages are permitted in the Library.
- Consumption of food in the Library is allowed in designated areas. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Service animals are permitted in the Library. All other animals are prohibited, unless the animal is part of a Library-sponsored program.
- Children in the Library must be properly supervised. (See Unattended-Child Policy.)
- Cell phones must be silenced in the Library.
- The use of smoking and tobacco products are prohibited in the Library and on Library premises at all times. There are no exceptions. (See Smoke and Tobacco Free Policy.)
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the Library and on Library premises. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Persons may not sleep in the Library, except for young children sleeping under the supervision of a parent or other caregiver.
- Skateboarding, rollerblading, and bicycling are not permitted on Library premises.
- Solicitation of the public or staff on Library premises is not permitted, except as arranged in advance by the Library Director.
- Reminder that the Library premises are situated within a city-owned park and governed by local ordinances rules and regulations.
Approved by the Patten Free Library Board of Trustees 6/9/2020