Homebound Delivery Service
We now provide free home delivery of library materials to patrons who meet the eligibility criteria below. Patrons in the program will be paired with a staff member or volunteer who delivers and picks up library materials on a regular basis.
Who is eligible?
- Individuals who are confined to their homes due to age, illness, or disability and who reside within the library’s service area of Bath, Woolwich, Georgetown, Arrowsic, or West Bath.
Paid nonresident borrowers are not eligible for home delivery.
How does the Home Delivery Program work?
- A library staff member checks out and delivers library materials to the patron’s residence and also picks up and returns items to the library.
- The staff member can also help the patron with selecting materials and with managing their library account.
- Typically, deliveries and pick-ups are scheduled for every two weeks on Wednesday afternoons.
What library materials are offered through the program?
A total of 6 items may be delivered at one time. Available materials include:
- Books (regular and/or large print)
- Audiobooks on CD
- DVDs (limit 4)
- Requested library materials from other area libraries as they are available.
What are the patron’s responsibilities in the Home Delivery Program?
- Have a library account in good standing
- Work with your PFL delivery staff member (and, in some cases, a designated contact person at your residence) to arrange for materials to be dropped off and picked up at a time that is convenient for both parties
- Maintain the condition of library materials in your possession
How do I get started?
If you don’t already have a library card, click here to print an application for one. To apply for Homebound Delivery, click here. Completed applications may be mailed to Patten Free Library, 33 Summer St., Bath, ME 04530 or faxed to 207-443-3514.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-443-5141 ext. 23.