for offering your time and energy to improve the services at our library.
efforts will benefit all the patrons of Patten Free Library.
Please fill out the following questionnaire
and return it to the Circulation Desk. Either the Volunteer Coordinator or a departmental librarian will contact you
about the type of work you wish to do and the days and hours that you are available. Please check the type of work in
which you are interested.
____Children's Room Volunteers
Shelf-read, clean & repair materials, and help prepare for story hours and special events.
Coordinated by the Children's Librarian.
- Outreach Services for those who are "shut-ins". The volunteer chooses books, based on the
patron's reading preference, and delivers the books to the patron's home or residence facility.
- Interlibrary Loan volunteers package books for ILL delivery pick-up and unpack boxes delivered to PFL.
Shelf Readers regularly "read" shelves to maintain correct book order and reshelve books found out of place.
Volunteers spend one or two hours a day, one day a week as arranged.
- Assist in building the database of vital records and news events from microfilmed local newspapers.
- Develop finding guides for common historical subjects.
- Assist in answering genealogical/historical queries.
Name _________________________________________ Date ____________________
E-mail address ________________________________________________
Work or life
experience that is applicable _____________________________________________________________________________
of special interest
to Previous Page